Re: pgAdmin3 MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?

From: Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?
Date: 2009-12-08 08:56:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le mardi 08 décembre 2009 à 08:44 +0000, Dave Page a écrit :

> The other issue, is that as soon as we've done MySQL, there will be
> another email say 'but what about $OTHER_DBMS?'

Agreed. There is a need for a better import tool in pgAdmin, for sure.
This is a very basic need.

There should be python binding/connectors or abstraction layers
available. I am not aware of licensing issues.

> BTW; did you try the MySQL migration wizard available through
> StackBuilder (which comes with the one-click installers)? Were there
> problems with that?

Do you mean http://pgfoundry.org/projects/stackbuilder? Sorry I did not
try using it as I use Debian packaging system or make custom installs.

Where can I download your migration wizard, I will test it with great
pleasure ?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel