Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date: 2009-11-15 20:33:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 21:56 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> If you actually want to help, can you please focus on fixing the
> must-fix bugs we know about? We can then discuss which of the
> remaining known issues we're willing to live with.

I intend to work on all of the issues, so not sure what you mean by
help. When the role of author and reviewer becomes blurred it gets
harder to work together, for certain.

Since we are short of time and some issues will take time, the priority
order of further work is important. Right now, I don't know which you
consider to be the must-fix issues, hence the thread. I also don't know
what you consider to be appropriate fixes to them, so unfortunately
there will be more talking until it is time for action. I prefer coding,
just like you.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com