Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications
Date: 2008-03-24 23:15:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> Am i looking at the right list though? The one I'm looking at still starts
> with a patch to which Tom commented "This is superseded by a later submission"
> which I think has been there since pretty much the start of the commitfest.

Yeah, there is still a boatload of stuff that could be removed from the
patch queue. I think that Bruce is intentionally leaving in all traffic
related to an open patch, which is okay by me as long as the obsolete
versions are properly commented. But I wish he'd get on with removing
the stuff that is marked as already committed (some in 8.3!).

> It also would have
> been a pain because Bruce's list is divided up into pages.

That's been a pain in the rear since the start. Bruce, could we combine
it into one page now that it's relatively short?