Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gj(at)zlew(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here
Date: 2009-11-14 08:31:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On fre, 2009-11-13 at 14:39 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On fre, 2009-11-13 at 15:05 +0100, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> >> As per Tom's - yes, this laptop has LANG set to UTF8 Polish. Setting
> >> it back to EN actually makes this error go away.
>
> > The Polish locale isn't supported by the regression tests.
>
> With only one result-ordering difference, it seems like we could easily
> support that if there were enough demand. I'd want somebody running a
> buildfarm machine in Polish locale, though, to catch future breakages.

Yeah, I don't mind, as long as someone can personally verify that the
current results are actually correct. When I fixed most of the other
locales a while back, most of the differences where like "sorts q like
x", which could easily be verified by, say, Wikipedia. The results of
the Polish locale, however, didn't make sense to me, and the glibc
locale sources are also not in line with most of the other locales
(which are just standard UTF-8 locale + language differences).