Re: Correct place for merchandising issues

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Correct place for merchandising issues
Date: 2009-11-12 23:05:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 23:56 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i would like to discuss the right place for handling all the
> merchandising related topics. This includes (among others):
>
> - requests and sending material to user groups and conferences
> - order merchandising from different suppliers
> - discuss new merchandising material and/or new designs
> - discussions about online shop(s)
> - ...
>
> I don't think, -www is the right place for this kind of emails.
> The eu-general list has an ongoing discussionĀ¹ about merchandising, but
> that's not the right place, because this list is only for EU related
> discussions.
>
> Personally i would like a new mailinglist for this, but i'm open for
> other ideas.

Actually I would argue that for eu related merchandising it is
absolutely appropriate. EU/US (and other regions) are going to be
relatively autonomous in their needs outside of content (such as source
for flyers).

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander