Re: alpha2 bundled -- please verify

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alpha2 bundled -- please verify
Date: 2009-11-02 11:02:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 22:28 +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Peter, could you please provide md5sum for alpha2 tarball? I know we
> missed in alpha1. It would be better if the original packager would
> upload the md5sum.

I was struggling internally with this one, because the tools currently
in use are FreeBSD-specific (md5 vs md5sum on Linux), and I would like
to be able to have a portable, reproducible release build procedure. I
can add them, but I would like to have a better solution in the future.
(For example: We consider the md5 file not part of the release but part
of the FTP server. Then moving a release onto the FTP server causes the
md5 file to be created.)

> Also, I'll be happy if you can also upload .bz2 file (for the lazy RPM
> packages who does not want to play with his spec files a lot).

Done. I'll also add that to the build scripts for the new alpha.