License clarification: BSD vs MIT

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers ML <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: License clarification: BSD vs MIT
Date: 2009-10-25 22:17:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Background info: Fedora/Red Hat folks (not Tom...) changed license in
PostgreSQL spec file from BSD to MIT with the following notice:

# PG considers their license to be simplified BSD, but it's more nearly
MIT

Our license wording fits perfectly to MIT, if I'm not wrong. However, we
always advertise ourselves as using BSD license.

Personally I don't think it is a big issue, but eventually I'd like to
clarify our license in our website.

...so that I and Tom will use same License tags ;)

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com