Hot Standby on git

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hot Standby on git
Date: 2009-09-26 09:49:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just a note to say that Hot Standby patch is now on git repository
git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/simon/postgres
Branch name: hot_standby

The complete contents of that repository are BSD licenced contributions
to the PostgreSQL project.

Any further changes to that will be by agreement here on hackers. From
now, I will be submitting each individual change as patch-on-patch to
allow people to see and discuss them and to confirm them as open source
contributions. I request anybody else interested to do the same to allow
us to work together. All contributions welcome.

My record of agreed changes is here
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby#Remaining_Work_Items

You'll notice that I've already completed 8 changes (10 commits); those
are all fairly minor changes, so submitted here as a combined patch.
There are 9 pending changes, so far, none of which appear to be major
obstacles to resolve. Many thanks to Heikki for a thorough review which
has identified nearly all of those change requests.

I estimate that making the remaining changes noted on the Wiki and fully
testing them will take at least 2 weeks. Gabriele Bartolini is assisting
in this area, though neither of us are able to work full time on this.
We still have ample time to complete the project in this release.

Many thanks to Magnus and Aidan for helping me resolve my git-wrestling
contest and apologies for the delay while that bout happened.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
hs.53c1eda..13a0bd6.patch text/x-patch 20.9 KB