Re: JDBC 4 support

From: Steve Ebersole <steve(at)hibernate(dot)org>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 4 support
Date: 2009-09-25 15:15:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for the reply. Its more of a general question.

I am looking at adding JDBC4 (JDK1.6) support to Hibernate. So the
question came up about whether to drop JDBC3 support or whether to
support both JDBC3 and JDBC4 simultaneously. Moving to JDBC4
exclusively is largely a function of how well we thought JDBC4/JDK1.6 is
supported both in the various environments as well by the various JDBC
drivers.

Sun's JDK 1.5 is nearing the end of its EOL transition and set to reach
ESOL Oct 31. So in the ideal world (since the release I am targeting
here is November) we would simply drop support for it...

--
Steve Ebersole <steve(at)hibernate(dot)org>
Hibernate.org