postgres scripting

From: John P Weatherman <jweatherman91(at)alumni(dot)wfu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres scripting
Date: 2009-09-16 21:26:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I have to reindex 2 indexes in pg_catalog using postgres --single.
There are 16 seperate databases on each of 4 servers that I have to do
this on, so obviously it would be much better to script the changes. I
can handle identifying the dbs and starting postgres no problem, but I
can't seem to find a way to pass a CTRL-D character from within a bash
script to the postgres executable.

Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions? I am running
postgres 3.1.1.8 on Solaris 5.10.

Thanks!

John

John P Weatherman