Re: Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux

From: Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux
Date: 2008-12-02 01:49:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

--- On Mon, 12/1/08, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com> wrote:

> Bruce Hyatt wrote:
>
> > This is what I tried initially and it returns:
> > SQL Error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
> found for jdbc:postgresql://host/database 0 08001
>
> Have you followed the instructions here?
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/load.html
>
> -O

I had commented out that line because the Java SE 6 API documentation for class DriverManager says it's no longer necessary but when I add it back in I get:

Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driverorg.postgresql.Driver

This lead me to look at why the driver name is repeated. I think it might be the connection syntax:

[String data = "jdbc:postgresql://host/database";]
// with the appropriate host and db and without the brackets
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(

Something wrong with that?

Thanks again,
Bruce