Re: MySQL Compatibility WAS: 8.5 release timetable, again

From: Jean-Michel Pouré <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL Compatibility WAS: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date: 2009-08-26 21:20:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 16:56 -0400, Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Have you tried Drupal 7? It's said to have many of these corrected.
> Maybe you should stop wasting your time with 6.x.

I am running a large community on the Net and people would like to
migrate our framework to Drupal. We agreed to.

I already assembled 30 modules to develop a complete service.

But it does not scale very well as my testings show that queries are
slow. I wrote SQL guides to inform the Drupal community. It seems that
Drupal developers do not make a relationship between database and CPU
time or memory usage. Therefore Drupal PHP cache is filled with SQL
queries. At it demands more and more memory.

I am probably going to migrate to Drupal 6.x in a few days and I will
fix queries by hand in case of problems. This is what happened when we
migrated to PhpBB.

Bye, Jean-Michel