Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle
Date: 2009-01-25 14:22:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 24. Januar 2009 20:47:20 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de> writes:
>> What i'm missing is some notion about CHECK OPTION. We
>> surely want to support that in way.
>
> Feel free to insist on that, if you want to make dead certain that
> updatable views don't make it into 8.4 ;-)

Of course, i'm the last one insisting on that ;)

Understand this as my noisy thinking how a possible *future* implementation
would fit in that syntax proposal. It would be bad if we recognize some day
that this was a bad decision. But on further thinking it doesn't make sense
here anyways, so back to the real problems.

Bernd