Re: memory leak occur when disconnect database

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: tanjunhua <tanjh(at)riso(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Postgres General Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: memory leak occur when disconnect database
Date: 2009-07-17 19:45:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry for the reply-to-self, but I thought I'd take ecpg out of the
equation:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <pwd.h>
int main()
{
struct passwd p;
struct passwd * r;
char buf[500];
getpwuid_r(1000, &p, &buf[0], 500, &r);
}

... produces the same leak report.

Since you didn't include information like the actual errors from
valgrind, I can't be sure that the report you are getting is the same as
the one I am getting. It could be that in your older version there _is_
something wrong. Perhaps you could post the output of running

valgrind --leak-check=full ./testprogram

just to be sure?

--
Craig Ringer