|From:||Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>|
|Subject:||Re: WIP: generalized index constraints|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Updated patch attached.
* Added syntax support:
CREATE INDEX foo_idx ON foo ... (a CONSTRAINT =, b CONSTRAINT &&);
* More aggressively clear the shared memory entries to avoid
* Code cleanup
* When adding constraint to table with data already in it, verify that
existing data satisfies constraint.
* Clean up error messages a little
The following are possible TODO items, but I'd like to get some feedback
* It seems like an alternative language would be better:
ALTER TABLE foo ADD INDEX CONSTRAINT optional_name (a =, b &&)
This language would be more like a table constraint that happens to
use an index. I think it's better because it allows multiple
constraints to be enforced by the same index.
* Right now it only supports index AMs that offer amgettuple, which
excludes GIN. Consider adding a crude implementation of gingettuple
that just calls gingetbitmap internally (obviously providing no
performance advantage over gingetbitmap).
|Next Message||Alvaro Herrera||2009-07-14 15:18:40||Re: [PATCH 1/2 v3] [libpq] rework sigpipe-handling macros|
|Previous Message||Alvaro Herrera||2009-07-14 14:14:24||Re: Comments on automatic DML routing and explicit partitioning subcommands|