Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier
Date: 2009-06-28 18:23:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 14:12 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> It seems to me that you're duplicating the functionality that is already
> possible by using groups. i.e. grant the permissions to the group and
> add users to the group as appropriate.

Take the use case in my email. You would have to grant a specific set of
permissions to each of 3 groups for every object created.

The problem is not having many users that all share the exact same
permissions; the problem is having to assign separate permissions on a
per-object basis.

Regards,
Jeff Davis