Re: possible proposal plpgsql GET DIAGNOSTICS oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: possible proposal plpgsql GET DIAGNOSTICS oid = PG_ROUTINE_OID
Date: 2023-04-03 17:37:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> po 27. 3. 2023 v 5:36 odesílatel Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com> napsal:
>> I have marked the item Ready for Commiter...

> Thank you for doc and for review

I'm kind of surprised there was any interest in this proposal at all,
TBH, but apparently there is some. Still, I think you over-engineered
it by doing more than the original proposal of making the function OID
available. The other things can be had by casting the OID to regproc
or regprocedure, so I'd be inclined to add just one new keyword not
three. Besides, your implementation is a bit inconsistent: relying
on fn_signature could return a result that is stale or doesn't conform
to the current search_path.