Re: Is postgresql on Windows compatible with flex 2.6.0?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Is postgresql on Windows compatible with flex 2.6.0?
Date: 2015-12-10 14:39:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru> wrote:
>> Postgres requires relatively recent Perl. Version objects appeared in
>> Perl 5.10 and most people would have something newer.

> AFAIK, the minimum requirement for perl is 5.8...

Yeah, that is our stated requirement, and we do have buildfarm members
checking it on the Unix side (eg prairiedog runs 5.8.6). I don't know
if anyone is checking the MSVC-build scripts against an old Perl,
though ... it seems possible that some more-recent constructs have
crept into that pile of perl code without anyone noticing.