Re: New trigger option of pg_standby

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date: 2009-05-28 13:38:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 12:08 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Ideally someone would have
> taken ownership of the issue, summarized the email conclusions, gotten
> a patch together, and submitted it for application.

Just a further comment on this, based upon the patch Heikki recently
committed.

I raised various issues with recovery *after* feature freeze in 8.3,
doing everything you mentioned above: patch (Jun '07), 4 months before
beta1. 3.5 months later the patch was still un-reviewed and you deferred
the patch until 8.4, without comment (Sep '07). Changes were eventually
committed more than a year after original discussion (Apr '08).
HACKERS "Minor changes to recovery related code"

My other comments relate to that experience, and others.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com