Re: The two "XML Fixes" patches still in need of review

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Markus Winand <markus(dot)winand(at)winand(dot)at>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: The two "XML Fixes" patches still in need of review
Date: 2019-03-23 21:05:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net> writes:
> Alvaro has committed two of the patches in this CF entry[1], but the
> remaining two have yet to attract review.
> This message contains only those two, just as before[2] except rebased
> over Alvaro's commits of the others.

Just to update this thread --- per the other thread at
https://postgr.es/m/CAN-V+g-6JqUQEQZ55Q3toXEN6d5Ez5uvzL4VR+8KtvJKj31taw@mail.gmail.com
I've now pushed a somewhat-adjusted version of the XML-content fix
patch. The documentation patch needs some small rebasing to apply
after that one instead of before it.

I'm not going to touch the documentation patch myself; I don't know
enough about XML to review it competently. I do have a small suggestion
though, which is that the large "Limits and Compatibility" section
you added doesn't really seem to me to belong where you put it.
Perhaps it'd make sense under the XML section in datatype.sgml,
but I think I might lean to making it a new section in Appendix D
(SQL Conformance).