New version of PostgreSQL 8.3 Live CD released

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New version of PostgreSQL 8.3 Live CD released
Date: 2009-05-06 10:34:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I updated my PostgreSQL live CD, which is based on Fedora 10. The major
change is PostgreSQL 8.3.7 . It includes the PostgreSQL related packages
that I build on http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org . This new version includes
one new package (pgstat2), and also many updates to the existing
packages.

Details are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/livecd.php

According to web server logs, the previous versions were downloaded more
than 4000 times. Also I know that kickstart file was used in some
private projects. Thanks everyone for their interest in this live CD.

Now there is an option to add an encrypted home directory while burning
iso to USB stick, which helps you to keep your personal data in your USB
stick.

This live CD has nearly bleeding edge of many software, like Apache,
PHP, GNOME, Pidgin, Firefox etc.

Kickstart file is configurable, so you can also create your own
PostgreSQL Live CD's fairly easily, if you have a Fedora-10 machine
around.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this live CD.

Sincerely,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
http://www.gunduz.org