Feedback from recent training

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Feedback from recent training
Date: 2009-04-24 07:59:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

* Want option to *never* put double-quotes around object names, even
when I use an uppercase character in a name.

* Why is Primary Key on different dialog than columns? Want a check box
to say that a column is the PK.

* Name of a Constraint should default to what Postgres will call it, so
that it's clear that a constraint *will* be assigned a name even if we
leave it blank (which is best practice to do so).

* PKs and Unique constraints should show as Indexes in addition to
showing as a Constraint. Unique indexes should show as Constraints. Yes,
they're different, slightly, but they're so close it's annoying to have
to guess.

* When you perform an action, why doesn't it refresh that aspect?

* Why are Schema Privs not shown on Grant Wizard for a specific Schema?
When we click on a schema it shows only table privs for that schema.
Schema privs must be accessed via Properties..Privileges tab, which is
non-intuitive.

* Want Copy/Paste objects between schemas.

* Want "Clone" object, which copies object but prompts for new name.

* Want option to make Login Roles appear on priv dialogs, not just Group
Roles.

* Want to be able to use SERIAL and BIGSERIAL types for columns

* Only show Object Type if there is at least one object of that type in
that Schema. De-clutters display. We can have a right-click dialog to
create a new object, with sub-menu to select object type.

* Disabling Rule object type visibility doesn't appear to work!?!

* Want to be able to specify ConnectionLimit for users via dialog

* If there are >20 (N?) objects, then show that using a breakdown. e.g.
A-C, D-G, H-M, N-S, T-V, W-Z. So when we have 100s of objects we can
still retain sanity.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com