Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andy Lester <andy(at)petdance(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date: 2009-05-01 15:23:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andy Lester <andy(at)petdance(dot)com> writes:
> And if you're an Emacs person, you can help figure out what the
> modeline should be for Emacs, and we can get that in there, too.

If you're an Emacs person, you fix it in your ~/.emacs file so that
every .c file in the Postgres tree is automatically handled with the
correct mode. Surely vi apologists can make their editor do the same.

Let me make it perfectly clear that a patch to add either vi or emacs
decoration to every file in the tree will be rejected out of hand.
We had a similar thing for awhile with the .sgml files, and got rid of
that because it sucked ...