Bug - SQL can not be generated for Login Roles

From: "Rossiter, Russell D(dot)" <Russell(dot)D(dot)Rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug - SQL can not be generated for Login Roles
Date: 2019-03-07 13:25:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

To Whom it may concern,

BUG REQUEST:

I am trying to generate the DDL of a login role by clicking on the login role in the pgAdmin tool. In pgAdmin 3 it works and generates the DDL, but in pgAdmin 4 It just hangs and you get Connection to the server has been lost. I have a high number of Login/Group Roles (over 700+ login roles) and I would like to get the DDL for any login user I select. I think the query behind the scenes cannot handle the volume of login roles, and it's similar to a Cartesian product with the query it uses.

[cid:image003(dot)jpg(at)01D4D4BF(dot)405CC290]

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST
Also, if possible I would like the following enhancements to this pgAdmin 4 Tool. I would like to have a compare tool incorporated into this utility. I would like to be able to compare databases/schemas between other databases/schemas and for it to generate a fixit script that would have all the sql to make either the source / target the same. (like a diff)

Russell D. Rossiter
DCS/OSE/OSA/DDBS/DBAB
Telework Day - Monday & Tuesday
410-966-0069 - Office
609-221-2376 - iPhone & ADS number
Email: russell(dot)d(dot)rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov<mailto:russell(dot)d(dot)rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov>
IM: Skype for Business

[SSA Logo]

Notice of Confidentiality:

This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of any privilege.