Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Subject: Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules)
Date: 2009-02-26 05:31:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 14:17 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >> I think Tom wins this bet, since it's now been four weeks. In fact,
> >> he was being optimistic: the loose ends aren't cleaned up either
> >> (based on a review of the wiki, we're about half way there: six
> >> patches have been committed in the intervening time and seven remain
> >> in the queue).
> >
> > I agree. It is time to move on.
>
> Huh? What features are you saying about to be moved on?
> Is it the updatable-view feature? or rest of all pending ones?

Tom originally stated (as I recall, no flames please) that we would wait
for 2 weeks for the hot standby stuff. It has now been four. That is
what I and I believe Robert Haas are talking about.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks,
503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997