PgUS update 02/19/09

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgUS update 02/19/09
Date: 2009-02-19 22:52:19
Lists: pgus-general

I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone know what is going on
with our little non profit.

* New board
* Volunteers needed
* Upcoming events
* Finances update

In the next six weeks or so we will be seating the four new board
members. As a reminder these are:

* Richard Broersma, Jr.
* Andrew Dunstan
* Greg Sabino Mullane
* Robert Treat

To my knowledge all but Richard will be able to attend PostgreSQL
Conference East. The current board minus Michael will also be in
attendence. This is great as most of us will be able to finally shake
hands (even though we have all met in the past) and start getting to
work on what I feel will be a great 2009.

We are seeking volunteers for the following tasks:

* Review virtual PBX companies

This is a service we will be offering United States PUGS at no cost
to the PUG. Essentially any U.S. PUG will be able to have a phone
number, extension and voicemail. The voicemail will be directed as email
to the specific PUG liaison. If you can help with this, please let me
know.

* Someone with some Drupal experience or that is willing to learn
Drupal a bit. We will be setting up a professional services directory
for PgUS members. We need some help developing/configuring this feature
on the website.

Upcoming Events:

We have two upcoming PostgreSQL educational events coming up. The first
is PostgreSQL Conference East. It is happening at historic Drexel
University from April 3rd to 5th, 2009.

The second is PostgreSQL Day at LinuxFest Northwest. This is a single
day event taking place in Bellingham Washington on April 25th 2009.

Finances Update:

We continue our financially healthy trend with approximately 10,000
dollars in our accounts. We expect that PostgreSQL Conference East will
generate at least an additional 10,000 for us. This will give us an
excellent jump start on offering some grants this year.

Joshua D. Drake
President
Unisted States PostgreSQL

503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997