Re: function language type?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ian Turner <iant(at)mail(dot)brainstorm(dot)net>
Cc: Ian Turner <vectro(at)pipeline(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: function language type?
Date: 2000-07-26 21:29:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Ian Turner <iant(at)mail(dot)brainstorm(dot)net> writes:
> Looking at the source, I see the following parsenodes which are NOT
> supported by copyObject:

Uh, what version of the source are you looking at? Quite a few of
those *are* supported.

> Which of these is it worth supporting? I will implement the necessary
> _copy<type> functions.

The missing stuff is basically the 600-series node types; any XXXStmt
node that you want to be able to use in a plpgsql function needs to be
copiable. If you want to support CREATE TABLE you will likely find that
some more of the 700-series nodes are also needed for CREATE TABLE
infrastructure.

It is not worth your trouble to do this unless you are working from
current sources (CVS or a recent daily snapshot)...

regards, tom lane