Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Date: 2009-02-05 21:40:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It'd make more sense to put the effort into developing
> better scheduling control over autovacuum, such as a concept of
> maintenance windows.

We need that as well, not instead of.

People want to be able to specify (as an example)
* autovac these problem tables anytime required
* for all other tables disable AV, except on sundays [non-busy-times]

If we're going to build in scheduling featured for AV, I'd like to make
those scheduling features available to user defined tasks also. No need
to limit ourselves to just AV.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com