Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...
Date: 1998-11-05 15:13:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I did a fresh 'cvs checkout' just now to make sure I had a good set
>> of files, and was dismayed to discover that a whole bunch of dead
>> subdirectories have reappeared in the CVS tree.

> Did you use the -P option? when you checkout, you should do:
> cvs checkout -P pgsql
> It gets rid of the 'dead' directories tha way...

OK, but I hadn't been doing that before ... ah, wait, I see it.
In my ~/.cvsrc file I have
cvs -z3
update -d -P
which means that cvs update gets the -P flag automatically. So my
old tree didn't have the deadwood because I'd run update against it.

Guess I should add "checkout -P" to .cvsrc.

thanks, tom lane