Re: FW: Duplicate oids!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Patrick Macdonald <patrickm(at)redhat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Duplicate oids!
Date: 2002-12-13 15:40:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:43:19AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, if you don't mind grabbing a copy of pg_filedump --- see
>> http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/tools.html

> Has this been updated for 7.3? Last time I looked it only did 7.2, and
> the site shows an old date. If it hasn't, are there plans to update it
> sometime soon? It would be very useful to me right now...

AFAIK it has not been updated yet. Patrick, do you have any near-term
plans to do so? If not, perhaps Alvaro would like to do the legwork ;-)

I believe it should be possible to make a single version of pg_filedump
that understands both the 7.2 and 7.3 page layouts (the version field in
the page header would work for telling what you're looking at).