Errors making libpqdll.lib. Help!!

From: Sokolow2 <sokolow2(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Errors making libpqdll.lib. Help!!
Date: 2002-12-09 15:19:59
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello pgsql-cygwin,

I cannot build the libpqdll.lib. I receive lots of compiler errors
when executing "nmake /f win32mak" in the
"/C:\cygwin\usr\src\postgresql-7.3\src\interfaces\libpq" directory.
The errs appear when processing the "dllist.c" file (the first file
the compiler tries to process).

I'v saved the compiler output in the result.txt file attached in the
self-extracting archive compile_result.exe.

The problem is that the VC++ does not understand a lot of stuff in
Cygwin system headers.

I tried to edit the headers mentioned in the compiler output placing
something like:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
typedef __int64 int64
#else
// VC++ prodecus error here:
__extension__ typedef long long _off64_t;
#endif

but the number of types the Microsoft Compiler does not understand was
too large :-(. I don't know all the types so I cannot define them
manually.

I tried to redirect the "include" path to the "native" MSVC headers
but it did not help.

What must I do so that the library were built?

==================

My operating system is: Windows 2000 5.00.2195 (russian edition).

The Cygwin is installed in "C:\Cygwin" and is taken from
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin. I installed it with default options
plus "gcc" and "make".

The Postrges I use is taken from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.3/postgresql-7.3.tar.gz.

The C++ compiler is Visual C++ 6.

The DBMS itself is successfully installed, dbinit also has worked
fine.

I tried to compile the win32.mak both under Far Manager and under
Cygwin. No result.

Please help!!!

Best regards,
Sokolov Andrey, Peterburg, Russia,
mailto:sokolow2(at)mail(dot)ru

Attachment Content-Type Size
compile_result.exe application/x-msdownload 46.6 KB