Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ?
Date: 2009-01-09 21:21:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 18:02 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 15:17 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > Some more random ideas:
> > >
> > > postgresqlforums.com
> > > postgresqlcertification.org
> > >
> > > Oh wait ...
> >
> > Having a wide, diverse and vibrant community is not a bad thing. The
> > meglo-community idea is a bad one. Diversity is good.
>
> Diverse does not mean dispersed.

Not going to argue semantics with you Alvaro. I believe that PostgreSQL
is only stronger by having a wider community net that is not subject to
meglo-.org rules or opinion. I believe the adverse is also true.

So in short, the people doing the work get to make those decisions and
nobody on this list has the right to declare differently. If those
people want to make themselves subject to the .Org community, cool. If
they don't, cool. In the end, PostgreSQL wins regardless.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL
503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/