Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta
Date: 2009-01-05 20:48:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 15:05 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I assume hot standby is ready for review/commit.

It's in good shape, yes.

With such a large patch I don't expect review->commit to be a single
iteration. Though that isn't because I think there is flaky stuff in
there, just that reviewers may prefer coding/modularisation to be
different than it is.

> The commit fest wiki
> has:
>
> o Infrastructure changes for recovery
> o Hot Standby - queries during archive recovery

This is just one patch now, though Heikki has broken the first piece off
again for review/commit.

> o rmgr hooks and contrib/rmgr_hook

Yes

> o Synchronous log-shipping replication

It is in rework. As *was*, IMHO, no. As agreed, yes, possibly.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com