Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-25 02:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org> writes:
> What would you all think about moving to SVN if the anon CVS checkout can be
> made to work? I'll even volunteer to set it up.

What's with the high pressure sales tactics? It's already been
explained to you that the key PG developers feel no particular reason
to change at this time.

Given the amount of activity currently going on in the SCMS world,
it seems to me that we should wait another year or two before making
a decision on switching. If CVS were a major pain point for us
then I'd be willing to consider moving now, but it still gets the job
done.