Re: Last Week to Participate in PostgreSQL Certification JTA Survey

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Gregory S(dot) Youngblood" <greg(at)tcscs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Last Week to Participate in PostgreSQL Certification JTA Survey
Date: 2008-11-10 22:16:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 23:01 +0100, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > I am sorry you are having trouble Josh. It might be helpful if you let
> > the certification project know you were having problems. That is over
> > here:
>
> I didn't bother because I saw that there were already several dozen
> comments reporting exactly my issues, and that these comments had not
> been responded to on the page.

I just reviewed the comments and the page doesn't reflect your
observations. There are 14 (at the time of this writing) comments of
which 11 are feedback and suggestions for improvement to the JTA. We
will review those comments as the JTA closes. We can't change the survey
in the middle of the submission period, it would invalidate the survey.
There are 3 comments pointing out specific problems in submission which
are certainly unfortunate.

I am reviewing this page which you can only get to if logged in:

http://www.postgresqlcertification.org/job_task_analysis

If you are viewing a page that has feedback that is more in line with
your observations please let the project know so we can resolve the
issues.

> > I would not let this issue sour your experience. The PostgreSQL
> > Certification project has garnered a 50% response rate on the JTA. That
> > is Presidential election percentages. I am quite pleased with the
> > result.
>
> Um, 50% of what?

So far 50% of 400.

Sincerely,