Re: Updating FSM on recovery

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updating FSM on recovery
Date: 2008-10-30 09:57:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 10:40 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> So, attached is a patch using an enum. Barring objections, I'll commit
> this.

I probably agree with the changes from reading your post, but I'd ask
that you hang fire on committing this for a few days.

It's just going to prevent Koichi and myself from submitting clean
patches on F-Day, or it will cause us to spend time on rework before
we've even submitted the patch. I'd like to avoid the pileup for now,
though don't have any problem with the rework after that point.

Thanks,

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com