Re: Another PITR question

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Whitney <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another PITR question
Date: 2008-10-22 21:30:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 17:09 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Scott Whitney wrote:
>
> > However, I want the standby to CONSTANTLY stay in recovery mode, not
> > just restore the WALs it finds when I start it.
> >
> > Is this possible? Can someone explain or point me to some example docs
> > somewhere?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/pgstandby.html

We should backpatch the docs for 8.2 also. I know we don't usually do
that but it would save some time for people.

Or at least allow comments to be added to previous doc versions.

8.3 docs have the wording

"A working example of a waiting restore_command is provided as a contrib
module named pg_standby. It should be used as a reference on how to
correctly implement the logic described above. It can also be extended
as needed to support specific configurations or environments."

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com