Re: Need more reviewers!

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need more reviewers!
Date: 2008-09-05 11:18:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:45 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> If you are a postgresql hacker at all, or even want to be one, we need your
> help reviewing patches! There are several "easy" patches in the list, so
> I can assign them to beginners.

It would be a reasonable rule that all patch submitters also have to do
patch reviews. If we made it a strict rule, then sponsoring companies
would know that they *must* provide money/time for that aspect also.
Otherwise it is almost impossible to get formal approval to do that.

I count more than 20 patch authors that are not reviewing, including
myself. Of that, there are at least 5 people on their second or
subsequent patch (figure probably wildly inaccurate, since don't keep
track of that).

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com