automatic REINDEX-ing

From: Joao Ferreira gmail <joao(dot)miguel(dot)c(dot)ferreira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: automatic REINDEX-ing
Date: 2008-08-12 15:13:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all

[[[ while dealing with a disk size problem I realised my REINDEX cron
script was not really being called every week :( so... ]]]

I executed REINDEX by hand and the disk ocupation imediatelly dropped 6
Giga...!!!

is there a way to configure postgres to automatically execute the needed
REINDEXING (on indexes and tables) for a given database....

something similar to auto-vacuum... I guess....

thx
joao