Re: BUG #16730: Create table like with inheritance and self referencing index

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: sofoklis24(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16730: Create table like with inheritance and self referencing index
Date: 2020-11-19 20:10:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> The following simplified example used to work on previous versions, but not
> on 10.15, we tested it again on version 10.11 and it works.

Hmph. Apparently I was too careless about the order of execution of
the sub-commands created by a LIKE clause.

I pushed this patch:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=513db7b7004c8d1fa15dea4747a32cbc8f9621ef

which takes care of the particular case you show, but now I wonder
if there are other issues lurking nearby. If you're in a position
to test this and see if it fixes your real application, please do.

Thanks for the report!