Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others
Date: 2008-06-24 16:34:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 09:27 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 09:21:27AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 07:55 -0700, David Fetter wrote:

> > Lastly, you could also perhaps take the 10 seconds it takes to find
> > this page:
> >
> > http://git.postgresql.org/static/serviceinfo.html
> >
> > Where it tells you exactly how to participate.
>
> Yes, and since you brought that up, it appears that mail to
> gitadmin(at)git(dot)postgresql(dot)org goes to /dev/null. I specifically asked
> for a couple of different things at that email, and have gotten 'tude
> but no action.

Well I can appreciate that problem but its their project, if they are
unwilling to answer you...

> As far as discussion goes, if there's a forum more appropriate than
> -hackers, please feel free to specify exactly what that forum is and
> explain why you believe that. :)

Well I will grant that I don't know that there is a better forum because
we don't have a yourrepos(at)postgresql(dot)org :) but I am pretty certain that
discussion of the Git repo administration doesn't have much to do with
-hackers.

Either way it would seem to me the place for this to happen would be
between yourself, Magnus and Peter. Once everything is done, put it on
wiki... and be done with it :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake