Re: Cleaning up cross-type arithmetic operators

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cleaning up cross-type arithmetic operators
Date: 2008-06-18 07:15:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What I'm inclined to do is remove the two % operators, which don't
> seem likely to be performance-critical

Can you discuss what you see as the benefit or trade-offs for doing
that? Removing things tends to have major potential for annoying users
following an upgrade.

We can put them back manually if they are performance critical, right?
Can we document this somehow/somewhere? Which operators were not thought
to be generally important? Thanks.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com