pg_restore warnings

From: "G(dot) J(dot) Walsh" <gjwalsh(at)dscdirectionalservices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore warnings
Date: 2008-06-17 23:35:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Having been badly 'bitten' in the recent past, I am doubly cautious
about the most minute postgresql complaint.

I have finally been able to restore a database completely as a trial for
scheduling daily dumps totally aside from file level backups which I
found out the hard way are totally useless.

In the current situation, where a successful restore operation took
place after initialization, I used the -v option to give me a detailed
look at the process.

The command was simply: pg_restore -v --disable-triggers -d thedb -Fc
thedb.pgr

At the start:
WARNING no privileges could be revoked for "public"
WARNING no privileges were granted for "public"
CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql
pg_restore: creating SCHEMA public
pg_restore: creating COMMENT SCHEMA public
pg_restore: creating PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql
pg_restore [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC;
pg_restore [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 334; 2612 16388
PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
pg_restore [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: language
"plpgsql" already exists
CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

the line by line record of creating and restoring

setting owners and privileges.

I can see no problem with the restored tables.

Can I safely ignore the language plpgsql sequences, ie CREATE -> error
-> already exists -> create

When the process concluded there was but the one warning.

George