Re: Ask for Help on Improving the FreeBSD FAQ

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Gabor PALI <pgj(at)FreeBSD(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ask for Help on Improving the FreeBSD FAQ
Date: 2008-06-07 01:51:41
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 03:46 +0200, Gabor PALI wrote:
> > Oh I apologize :). PeterE is pretty much lead doc dude around here:

> Yes, I would like to know more about:
> - how you do implement the user comments on your web pages,

Ahh yes this is not actually a doc question, so you are in the right
place. These are stored in a PostgreSQL database and sent through a
moderation queue. If the comment is appropriate we include the
information in the next version of the docs.

The website svn is available here:

https://pgweb.postgresql.org/

> - whether you do have any schedule for merging these comments,

Per each major release.

> - how you do build and mark up the different versions (e.g. static and
> interactive per versions) of the documentation,

That I can't answer.

> - whether you do have any project-specific modifications for DocBook

We have specific stylesheet changes yes, you can find them in our
src/doc if you download a tarball.

> - what other tools you do use for creating documentation

Just docbook and jade :) (and dsssl)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake