Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases

From: Ian Westmacott <ianw(at)intellivid(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases
Date: 2008-04-29 21:05:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 16:33 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Is autovacuum dying before being able to finish the vacuuming of
> template1 or the other database?

Not as far as I can tell. There are no indications of any crash or
error in the log file (I just bumped the log level up to debug1). Just
autovacuum processing template1 or the one other database every minute.
I ran VACUUM ANALYZE on both template1 and the one database manually
just to make sure there wasn't a lock or something preventing
completion, but they both completed without error.

--Ian