Database Classes and prepared statements

From: "G(dot) J(dot) Walsh" <gjwalsh(at)dscdirectionalservices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Classes and prepared statements
Date: 2008-03-18 22:25:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have (finally) had considerable success in establishing initialized
tables for my research work in psychometrics. As a next step in my
learning curve, I introduced a class with functions sufficient to
connect to the data base and successfully run select queries and display
the resulting rows.

(I used "Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 - Chapter 31 - as my starting
point.)

This will allow me to move on, but I was wondering about the use of
prepared statements. Can this functionality be included in the class -
that is I need a bit of a boost to incorporate the requisite pg_prepare
and pg_execute functions.

Assuming this is possible, could someone kindly show me some sample code
to make it happen?

George