Huh? What is this?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Huh? What is this?
Date: 2008-02-24 09:03:47
Lists: pgsql-www

I know that this link is only available to people on the sysadmin team,
but for reference:
https://pmt.postgresql.org/changeset/478

What is this? A site that has not been discussed at all (AFAIK - given
that it seems to happen a lot lately, maybe I'm having email delivery
issues?) suddenly appears in the configuration of a machine that is
supposedly managed by the community? A system user is added to one of
our servers that already does other things.

We normally discuss things before we add new services to machines, don't
we? Especially when it's a box that shares data with some of our most
vital services, like archives. Also, our current policy is to as much as
possible *isolate* services using VM technology - this is especially
important for such critical services.

Also, there appears to be exactly zero documentation about it, but I
assume that's just a matter of time. Oh, and it appears that the apache
configuration isn't in the automatic backup.

BTW, the docs also says that postgresqlconference.org is only supposed
to be there temporarily during reprovisioning - is that still so, or
should the documentation be fixed wrt that?

//Magnus