(Yet Another) Live CD for PostgreSQL 8.3

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: (Yet Another) Live CD for PostgreSQL 8.3
Date: 2008-02-14 03:07:22
Lists: pdxpug pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I built a live CD based on Fedora 8 and PostgreSQL 8.3, with all the
PostgreSQL packages that I build on http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org .

Details are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/livecd.php

Now, how to distribute this live CD:

1) Upload to pgfoundry, and let it be mirrored to all FTP sites.
2) Use bittorrent .

Using [1] sounds better for me, but today Darcy said that pgfoundry is
having some disk space issues (which is fixable...). We did some
bittorrent work before (David Fetter and Magnus), but I'm not sure that
we will be able to find many seeders.

BTW: If you have a Fedora-8 box with a reasonable Internet connection,
please give the kickstart file a try. I'm open for comments.

This iso can be written to a USB disk easily (thanks to Fedora guys),
and maybe we can think of distributing USB sticks at the conferences. It
also contains Firefox, Pidgin and Evolution, so that you can use it when
you are away from your laptop/desktop, and want to do PG work with some
Internet software ;)

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE