date format

From: iuri de araujo sampaio <iuri(dot)sampaio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: date format
Date: 2008-01-24 08:06:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi,

how to change the default format for type date?
I have created a field on a table:

##
create table tbl_inventory (
item_id integer constraint c_pk primary key,
I. purchase_date date,
II. fabrication_date date,
III. expiration_date date
);
##

the error i got is:

##
Database operation "dml" failed
(exception ERROR, "ERROR: invalid input syntax for type date: "2008 7 22 {} {} {} {DD MONTH YYYY}"
")
##

I am concerned the input syntax for type date is YYYY-MM-DD.
as default, postgresql is set to accept the format DD-MM-YYYY for type
date.

so far, i am not able to change the input format and so I need to change
the postgresql type date dafault format.

best,
iuri