Re: Performance regression with PostgreSQL 11 and partitioning

From: Christophe Courtois <christophe(dot)courtois(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Reiss <thomas(dot)reiss(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance regression with PostgreSQL 11 and partitioning
Date: 2018-07-10 06:57:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Le 09/07/2018 à 22:10, David Rowley a écrit :
> On 10 July 2018 at 00:47, Christophe Courtois
> <christophe(dot)courtois(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
> (Christophe reports 2x performance regression with PG11 when using
> 10000 partitions)
> Thanks for the report. Can you supply your test case when shows this regression?
> Please, can you also post in English for the future.

Sorry, that was supposed to be a private mail to Thomas. I lack time to
reproduce cleanly my tests after the latest patch and dig a bit myself.
Basically I do an inner join between a 10'000 partitions table and
itself with a simple WHERE. I'm not sure that this happens in the real
world.

Yours,

--
Christophe Courtois